Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: Chagrin Valley's Honey Butter Soap


I recently purchased a lot of soaps from Chagrin Valley because I've heard great things about them and I've been wanting to try shampoo bars. When I was on the website I noticed that also had bars for the body (they have a lot of other things too-hair teas, lotion bars, facial scrubs) and I was in serious need of soap that didn't irritate my skin. So I decided to buy this and see how it worked.  The reason I am doing the soap bar first is because I recently flat ironed my hair (you can see the results on the facebook page here), so I will not be using the shampoo bar for at least a week.
Keep reading for my experience with this soap.



Don't be fooled, the picture makes it look bigger than it is


I bought the sample size of the Honey Butter soap for $2.70, but they also sell the full size bars for about $7. I must admit that when I saw the name Honey Butter I thought it would smell sweet like honey, but it does not. I can't really describe the smell except for that it smells earthy, and I can't put my finger on it.

The reason I bought this was because they describe it as "It doesn’t get much better than this—rich nutritious unrefined shea butter, unrefined cocoa butter, mango butter and honey. Cocoa, Shea and Mango Butters soften, and moisturize dry skin. Honey, hydrates, moisturizes, and soothes. The whipped cream-like lather, with the natural scent cocoa butter, leaves skin feeling so soft and smooth."
And I know these ingredients will be great on my skin.

Before I got in the tub, I cut a piece off so that I would just use what I needed and didn't melt the whole bar. The soap made a nice lather when I rubbed it against my skin, and afterwards my skin didn't feel tight, dry, or irritated. I'm not saying I didn't have to use lotion afterwards, but for a soap it was pretty moisturizing. 

As far as the smell, when I was lathering up, I could faintly smell that earthy scent, but once I rinsed off I didn't smell anything. I like that because I'm not to big on fragrances, because I feel they irritate my skin.

I say if you have been using shower gel with sulfates, or drying soap bars, you should give the Chagrin Valley Soap bars a try. It was nice to wash up and afterwards not having to worry about the red, irritated patches on my skin afterwards from the sulfates and perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...