Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reviewing: Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner

Hey everyone,
Yes I know I haven't been updating my blog as much as I'd like but I've been so busy lately. But I am back and this time with a product review yay!!
So I've been wanting to try these products for a while, because so many people give rave reviews about it. For those of you who don't know, Oyin is a natural hair line based in Baltimore that offers handmade hair and body products made from honey. And if you were curious Oyin means Honey, which is why most of their products have honey in it. As you can see from the picture above, I purchased the Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Whipped Butter, and Fizzy Milk Bath. For this review, I will just focus on the Honey Hemp, because I am still figuring out how I like the other products. 

Now on to the review:
How much? $12
What is it? (from website) Honey-Hemp Conditioner is a penetrating, detangling, seriously softening multipurpose conditioner, enriched with aloe vera gel, hemp oil, honey, and just a touch of hydrolyzed silk protein. (this is not your high protein rebuilding conditioner; we use just enough to make it silky ;o) HH has got great detangling slip and serious moisturizing power. It rinses cleanly and also makes a nice pre-shampoo deep conditioning treatment. (add oil or extra honey for superior DC power!) It can even be used as a creamy, nourishing leave-in!


It's a pretty thick conditioner- I like that
How did I use it? I washed my hair in sections with Honey Wash (review coming soon), then applied the Honey Hemp and finger detangled. I saw that this could be a leave in so I rinsed only a little out then wore it as a leave in.




What I liked: That is was a thick conditioner so it made detangling easier
What I didn't like: The smell was really strong, and when I applied it as a leave in it felt sticky and when it dried by hair was hard an crunchy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...