Monday, February 11, 2013

Introducing "me" Mondays

I have wanted to make changes in my life for a very long time, and become the "me" I know I can be, but I always put it off. But I figured that since I will be entering adulthood soon (turning 18 in April yay!), there is no better time than this to begin. Also, with the addition of the free workbook about my goals for the year and who I want to be (which you can find in my previous blog post here), I am ready to make changes for the better. So, each Monday I will be updating my progress, and sharing with you tidbit on how you can achieve the life you want, and, of course, with little to no money involved. What is it that I want to change, you ask? Keep reading and find out.
1. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I attribute this to my decision to wear my hair natural, because it has made me more aware of ingredients in products, which has affected the food I choose to eat. This is not about losing weight, it's more about being healthy.

2. Stop comparing myself to others. With Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, it is easy to see someone and think "why can't my life be like hers?" then be sad because you think your life is horrible or not good enough. I am going to learn how to deal with the cards I was dealt with, and not cry over spilled milk.

3. Stepping outside of my comfort zone and not caring what anyone thinks. So many times I have not participated in something because I was afraid what others would think if I did. No more, I don't want to be scared of doing something new. Other people don't consider me when they do things, so why should I consider them?

I'm sure there is more, but that is all I can think of right now.

Why am I doing this?
Honestly, I am tired of feeling this way: unworthy, jealous, wishing I had a different life. And I want to make sure the only person who has control over my life is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...