Monday, March 18, 2013

Motivation Monday Week 3: Stepping outside your comfort zone

Hello all!
I hope last week's post was helpful for you. (if you missed it check it out here)
This week is focused all about branching out of our comfort zones. I know this week's tasks seem simple but trust me, they are hard to execute! Like they say, "it's easier said than done"
Keep reading for what you will do
Remember last week we talked about being confident. A part of being confident is being able to experience new things without letting fear stop you from doing them. What is something you've always wanted to do, but didn't because you were afraid of what people would say? For me, it is speaking up in class. I always want to say something intelligent, and I get so caught up with trying to say the right answer or an intelligent thing to say that I end up not participating. That is going to change. This week I am going to make an effort to speak at least two times in each of my classes.
This is what I want you to do:
-think of something you've always wanted to do but were scared (it doesn't need to be anything huge, we're just taking baby steps here). It could be trying out yoga, trying a new hairstyle, trying out a new hobby, taking a new class, whatever you want
-now take steps to do it. Let's say you wanted to try a new hobby like salsa dancing. I understand you probably won't be able to accomplish this in a week so this week I would suggest signing up for lessons then going from there.
-Don't forget to update me! tell me what you are doing via twitter @tiaj42
Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...